Friday 26 May 2017

The Conquered Fear

The Conquered Fear By Libby

Putrid smells tickle my nose. I cringe as I conceal my nose from the disgusting smell. There is was. Lying on the tray waiting for it’s surgery. The large knife gave my skin a fright making goosebumps crawl up my back, as shivers creep down my spine.

The razor-sharp knife sunk slowly into the deer’s liver. Blood leisurely oozed out, the blood was a rich dark red velvet blanket covering the tray. A small deer brain caught my eye, it was fascinating looking at what I knew was inside of me!

The wind pipe extending out of the heart was a rattlesnake's rattle at the end of the squiggly line-like animal. The knife was inserted. There was a crackling type sound as the knife slits through the windpipe.

There was crusted blood sprawled across the tray even before I used it! The tray smelt absolutely fetid. It was there… a cow’s heart lying in front of me. The latex gloves were handed out, I didn’t want to dissect, but I was lucky there was a spare glove handed out with the rest of my group’s gloves. There I was conquering my one of my fears. I with a sharp scalpel cutting away at the massive heart💖!
This wasn't a heart, but it was one of the most interesting parts of the cow's body!

1 comment:

  1. A vivid recount of our Dissection lesson Libby. You've captured and shared your feelings with your readers. Thank you for taking up the challenge to do something you never thought you would do!

    ReplyDelete