Friday 1 December 2017

Passions - Clay Relics with Mrs Strathern

Clay

Term four for Kahikatea and Kawaka was different, we did passions hour. There were so many options, but I had to choose Mrs Strathern doing 'Clay Relics'. What sparked my interest was that I had lots of different foreign from different countries... Wales  (where my granddad is from) really intrigued me.

From Wales where Celtic people, and their magnificent designs called 'Celtic knots'. Mrs Strathern gave us a technology process which went like this: 1, Create ideas and question yourself how it's going to work. 2, Imagine your possibilities, then plan you idea in an inquiry book. 3, Design, think through your ideas. Reason with them and see if they'll work. 4, Create with clay. 5, Modify your ideas and structure. Now this process was repeated until you were happy.

Intricately placing the last touches on my sculpture, my mission was completed! 

Now that our passions have came to a close, I have plenty of photos to present, here they are. I also made a flower after I had done my final copy of the Celtic knot.
The flower I made.
My final copy


No comments:

Post a Comment