Friday 15 September 2017

Choices for Life Production

Kahikatea team produced an amazing production this year called ‘Choices for Life’. We had to audition for a part in the play, but if we didn’t get the role we wanted we still got a speaking part in the production. My role was to be a talking tree! We didn’t come on until quite close to the end of the production but, it was worth it!


When I was learning my lines Mrs Strathern made us perfect at saying them. There was a continuing monotony of Mrs Strathern saying “Use EXPRESSION!” So of course we had to use EXPRESSION. I also learnt that if we got cut off or we forgot to say our lines, the audience could’ve missed a vital part of the play.


During the first few performances it was like butterflies were flipping my stomach! At least I didn’t have lots of lines! Our final production was sad because all the fun performing time was over for the year. :(

My favourite part about the production was seeing everyone in their AMAZING costumes people put time and effort into. The other thing that I loved was the exTREEmely cool tree jokes the three adventurers did!Copy of IMG_0121.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment