Friday 22 September 2017

Lacrosse with Team Energize

Enthusiastically scuttling to the side field, I was ready for some fun! Claire, our team energizer was there, but with someone else? We couldn't remember his name but room 9 just called him Jeff.

Everyone had to have a buddy, I chose to go with Dareeya. Daintily looking around waiting for instructions, I wonder what those big sticks are... The first instruction was for one person to grab the big stick, and the other grab a tennis ball.

Claire and 'Jeff ' show us a very precise demonstration of what we need to do. Dareeya carefully aimed the ball toward my stick, and rolls right in, yipee! Now for a more advanced one: the person with the ball does an underarm throw while the person with the stick tries to get the ball into their stick.

Jeff and Claire thought we were so good we could have a game of lacrosse with defined rules. Sadly, I didn't manage to get hold of the ball. Although, it was VERY fun! I reckon this was one of my favourite lessons we ever got from Team Energize.

No comments:

Post a Comment