Friday 1 September 2017

Moving to Pirongia

Moving to Pirongia    
By Libby

Stressfully packing my last little toys into the box, the moving truck is ONLY minutes away! Breathing a relaxed sigh of relief, I wave a goodbye to the moving truck leisurely driving into the hazy sunset on the horizon. My eyes flutter open, realizing it is the day I get to see our new home! Triumphantly plopping down onto my seat, we set off onto our journey to the ‘new house’! I knew it would be a great day…           

Image result for moving boxesFrantically searching through the boxes for something precious and valuable, my mind races wondering where it is in this lost sea of boxes! Every nook and cranny investigated but not a single sign of my great grandmother’s China doll! Racing with a roar, as he dashed into my room was Lewis with something dear and close to my heart… It is my great grandmother’s antique China doll! A big bear hug to thank him was given. (I knew he didn’t like it! )

Staring gleefully through the transparent window, I tightly clutched the rundown China doll. I knew I could call this place home.

No comments:

Post a Comment